The Student Room Group

Revision Techniques

Hi all,
I have just received my mock grades for a level back and I have not performed as well as I had hoped! I just wanted to ask if there was any specific revision method or exam technique that I could use apart from flashcards, blurting and exam questions.
For context I do biology, chemistry and psychology.

Thank you in advance!!
I do biology and I mainly use flashcards, I'll be honest with you. How are you making and using your flashcards?
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I do biology and I mainly use flashcards, I'll be honest with you. How are you making and using your flashcards?

I use the AQA revision guide and mark schemes! I do make them on quizlet though.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all,
I have just received my mock grades for a level back and I have not performed as well as I had hoped! I just wanted to ask if there was any specific revision method or exam technique that I could use apart from flashcards, blurting and exam questions.
For context I do biology, chemistry and psychology.

Thank you in advance!!

for psychology, i recommend using essay plans so you are always prepared for a 16 marker that may come your way. to help maybe use the specification points to come up with these questions that could be asked. remember your outline, evidence and evaluation :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
I use the AQA revision guide and mark schemes! I do make them on quizlet though.

How often do you go through your flashcards, do you use spaced repetition?
Reply 5
Original post by emm4nuella
for psychology, i recommend using essay plans so you are always prepared for a 16 marker that may come your way. to help maybe use the specification points to come up with these questions that could be asked. remember your outline, evidence and evaluation :smile:

Yes i think for psychology, my evaluation really did let me down because there is just so many to remember!! I will start making a lot of essay plans now, thank you so much !
Reply 6
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How often do you go through your flashcards, do you use spaced repetition?

I went through them fairly often during the holidays before the mocks
Id also suggest prioritising topics that u dont know as well or find harder/take more time to learn.At this stage practice papers are the way to go and then focus on what u get wrong within those.Wishing u good luck
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending