The Student Room Group

REvision gcsse

I am currently doing my combined science gcsse this may-june but i dont know some of the content so i am currently making digital anki flashcards and will then quickly go over the topics and then use my flashcards to help me remember is this effective and do i have enough time for this ? as there are so many topics for each science
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by s_19969
I am currently doing my combined science gcsse this may-june but i dont know some of the content so i am currently making digital anki flashcards and will then quickly go over the topics and then use my flashcards to help me remember is this effective and do i have enough time for this ? as there are so many topics for each science

I agree that studying science topics take up a lot of time - but I would say make sure for each topic you can tick of each of these 3 areas:

Understanding: if you can understand all the content

Retrieval: if you are able to remember all the content you need to know, including practicals and equations

Practice: if you have completed past paper questions or exam-style questions from PMT/MME Revise and gone through mistakes/added extra points to your flashcards/notes

Don't forget to make sure your flashcards cover all the points mentioned in your specification and prioritise studying equations and practicals as those come up often as high-mark questions!
Reply 2
Original post by *LifeHappens*
I agree that studying science topics take up a lot of time - but I would say make sure for each topic you can tick of each of these 3 areas:

Understanding: if you can understand all the content

Retrieval: if you are able to remember all the content you need to know, including practicals and equations

Practice: if you have completed past paper questions or exam-style questions from PMT/MME Revise and gone through mistakes/added extra points to your flashcards/notes

Don't forget to make sure your flashcards cover all the points mentioned in your specification and prioritise studying equations and practicals as those come up often as high-mark questions!

Won't be equation sheets be given this year or do you still need to
Original post by s_19969
Won't be equation sheets be given this year or do you still need to

There might be equations you still need to learn which won't be given, but you should definitely check
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
There might be equations you still need to learn which won't be given, but you should definitely check

Hi ive just checked with my teacher there will be equation sheets again this year
Original post by s_19969
Hi ive just checked with my teacher there will be equation sheets again this year

ok that's great then, that's less for you to memorise in that case!

Quick Reply

Latest