The Student Room Group

Questions about sitting as a private candidate

hi everyone ! i’m sitting for my alevels in May/June this year as a private candidate. I sat for my AS on Nov/Dec and i didn’t do as well (i went through a lot of grief during this time). My problem now is that to register as a private candidate for my A2 (and probably resitting my AS) i need to send in my last AS results in.
I’m just worried that if i get really bad marks in my AS they won’t approve me to sit for my A2 as a private candidate?

Is this something I should be worried about ? Can they reject me as a private candidate based on my AS marks ?
Reply 1
Your examiner, presumably Cambridge or Edexcel, would not reject your exam entries under any circumstances. An exam centre that supports private candidates only for the fees that they pay, will not reject you as long as you pay the required fees. You have nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Your examiner, presumably Cambridge or Edexcel, would not reject your exam entries under any circumstances. An exam centre that supports private candidates only for the fees that they pay, will not reject you as long as you pay the required fees. You have nothing to worry about.

thank you so much ❤️ i was really worried when they told me i had to send in my results :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest