The Student Room Group

Submitted UCAS application late

I submitted my UCAS application just a few minutes. Is there a chance the application wasn't flagged as late? If I call UCAS and they say it was, what do I tell them? I was on my application at least 10 minutes before the deadline. I don't have proof of it though. Anything I could tell them to convince them?
Original post by student29384
I submitted my UCAS application just a few minutes. Is there a chance the application wasn't flagged as late? If I call UCAS and they say it was, what do I tell them? I was on my application at least 10 minutes before the deadline. I don't have proof of it though. Anything I could tell them to convince them?

You might have been "on" your application 10 minutes before the deadline, but you didn't send it until a few minutes after it passed. Whether your chosen universities care is up to them.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
You might have been "on" your application 10 minutes before the deadline, but you didn't send it until a few minutes after it passed. Whether your chosen universities care is up to them.

You didn't answer my questions. I said is there a chance it was flagged as on time. I know being on the application and submitting is 2 different things but if they can see that I was the application I'm thinking I could convince them that the site was crashing.
You didn't answer my questions. I said is there a chance it was flagged as on time. I know being on the application and submitting is 2 different things but if they can see that I was the application I'm thinking I could convince them that the site was crashing.

But they will know if their site was crashing. How can you convince them otherwise? They're used to applicants leaving it to the last few minutes and experiencing problems.

There have been posts on here all week advising students not to leave it until the end but you chose to do that and were late so it will probably classed as a late application. This is entirely of your own making.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
There have been posts on here all week advising students not to leave it until the end but you chose to do that and were late so it will probably classed as a late application. This is entirely of your own making.

i know that lol. But if theres a chance i can get it flagged as on time I'm gonna do it, you get me? All I'm doing is asking if theres a way I can fix this.
Here is such a thread

McGinger
The UCAS deadline is 6pm UK time on WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY If you are still to apply, get it all organised, finalised and submitted on MONDAY at the latest. Your school/college then have to add their reference and predicted grades before they submit your application to UCAS. If you leave this until the last minute, this may not be done in time. Also, the UCAS website goes bananas on the last day - the earlier you get your application finalised and submitted, and you can avoid all of that last-moment stress. Yes, some courses may remain open after the deadline - but you cannot rely on this possibility. Get your application done now.
i know that lol. But if theres a chance i can get it flagged as on time I'm gonna do it, you get me? All I'm doing is asking if theres a way I can fix this.

The fact is you missed the deadline and ucas will decide. There is nothing you can do. As already said it is entirely your fault. McGinger posted advice days ago about this problem yet students leave it every year and then miss the deadline.

No, there is no way you can fix it.
Even if the website did genuinely crash (as opposed to you just gaslighting them that it crashed), it still wouldn't be an argument you could use. It's the same when submitting assignments to unis - no allowances made for tech failures of any sort. It's up to the student to factor in the possibility it might happen when deciding the best time to submit.
Reply 9

Nevermind lads. It was flagged as on time.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 10
Nevermind lads. It was flagged as on time.

Oh thanks for the update, I’m going through the exact same thing. Left it to the last minute because I’m an idiot but it was going through and they asked for card details so I went to get it and it may have gone through at 18:01. Panicking all day about this and can’t call UCAS to confirm until I’m finished work later 😵*💫
Reply 11
Do you mean you submitted it to your school or were you submitting independently after your referee had uploaded their reference?

It will show as late.

I would suggest that you email admissions of each if your choices and apologise for slightly submission and will they still be able to consider your application.

Only the very oversubscribed popular courses at popular unis will actually be closed to what are termed late applications.
Reply 12
Sorry just saw update. Phew
Reply 13
Original post by Macjonald
Oh thanks for the update, I’m going through the exact same thing. Left it to the last minute because I’m an idiot but it was going through and they asked for card details so I went to get it and it may have gone through at 18:01. Panicking all day about this and can’t call UCAS to confirm until I’m finished work later 😵*💫

Find out?
Reply 14
Find out?

I did find out, it wasn’t marked late! What a relief. Lesson learned 🥹 Never doing that again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending