The Student Room Group

Politics A level revision

If I do every single past paper question, will I get to a point where the questions in the real exams are just the same as the ones I've already seen in past papers - but reworded? Or is doing past papers not enough?
Original post by muna.okorie
If I do every single past paper question, will I get to a point where the questions in the real exams are just the same as the ones I've already seen in past papers - but reworded? Or is doing past papers not enough?

I mean yes, its partly true that doing all the past paper questions will easily prepare you for the real things, but you need a wide range of knowledge of current events, and wider reading/ reading around the subject to do well and write the best essays so you may need to mix it up a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by rowan_willow
I mean yes, its partly true that doing all the past paper questions will easily prepare you for the real things, but you need a wide range of knowledge of current events, and wider reading/ reading around the subject to do well and write the best essays so you may need to mix it up a bit.

thanks!
Original post by muna.okorie

Hi this is from a current Politics student in y13 , honestly it would probably give you a lot of understanding and the ability to give a informative answer. However , what I’ve gathered about the Politics papers is that you can get a lot of broad questions like Thatcherite policies etc’ and stuff you may not of covered in detail - so I do recommend doing further reading especially on topics you may of not went into a lot of detail on just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest