The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Grade leniency for Queen Mary offer - access course?

I just got an offer on UCAS from Queen Marys, but I am worrying about their grade requirements

I am doing an access course, and their requirements are minimum 30 credits distinction and 15 credits merit (not including passing all the pass/fail 'ungraded' assignments).

I may have a couple passes as I missed one of the turnitin deadlines by like 15 seconds (I know I shouldn't cram it in that close :frown:),

there is an exam I am unsure on, I got a referral but only for part of the subject criteria (access grading is really strange) and I am in-between two grades that can't be shown until i redo those questions, so it could be any of them, though I'm probably overthinking it.

Assuming my exam result is fine, with the missed deadline assignment, could I maybe show them how it was graded e.g "this assignment was merit/distinction quality but is only a pass from missing the deadline, please take mercy :colondollar:"

Its my top choice, so I don't want the next 4/5 years of life trajectory to be changed from one small ****up :eek:
You wouldn't technically meet the requirements so, whatever the reason that may be, they don't have to accept you. Whether if they will or won't, who knows, but in my opinion it's unlikely - it was your responsibility to make sure the assessment was submitted in time and you didn't. Sorry :frown:

Is there any way you can meet the entry requirements even taking into account this grade slip?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
You wouldn't technically meet the requirements so, whatever the reason that may be, they don't have to accept you. Whether if they will or won't, who knows, but in my opinion it's unlikely - it was your responsibility to make sure the assessment was submitted in time and you didn't. Sorry :frown:
Is there any way you can meet the entry requirements even taking into account this grade slip?

Turns out it was fine I ended up getting a Merit in the exam (after the referral) and the chemistry is fine too haha
Original post by FUCC69420
Turns out it was fine I ended up getting a Merit in the exam (after the referral) and the chemistry is fine too haha

Glad to hear that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending