The Student Room Group

Worth applying to duhram

Hi, I’m interested in applying to Duhram to do Education for university, for context my predicted grades are A*, A, A and my GCSE’s are 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5. I got 5s in Maths, Science and Latin but I did have extenuating circumstances so I don’t know if they will affect my admission??? For context, I’m also working with a charity to fundraise money for missionaries that work in education for my epq, by then i will have volunteered a year with primary school and I’m hoping to go somewhere like Ethiopia to teach on my gap year. The Duhram average offer is A, A, B. Do you think Duhram are unlikely to accept because I got a 5 in Maths.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by student5678_
Hi, I’m interested in applying to Duhram to do Education for university, for context my predicted grades are A*, A, A and my GCSE’s are 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5. I got 5s in Maths, Science and Latin but I did have extenuating circumstances so I don’t know if they will affect my admission??? For context, I’m also working with a charity to fundraise money for missionaries that work in education for my epq, by then i will have volunteered a year with primary school and I’m hoping to go somewhere like Ethiopia to teach on my gap year. The Duhram average offer is A, A, B. Do you think Duhram are unlikely to accept because I got a 5 in Maths.

Durham's Admissions Policy lists GCSE grades as just one of nine factors they look at. So unless a grade above 5 is a requirement of the course it's worth applying.

Quick Reply

Latest