The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Rejection

I received a mail stating that I do not qualify for MA in Media and Communication at Leeds as my BA course is not relevant to it. However, according to their website, it states that a person can apply even if they are pursuing history. In addition, to my bachelor's in history, I have taken up various certification courses on Social Media Marketing and have even acquired a minor in Journalism. I am still not satisfied with the answer that I have received from them. Is there any way that I can ask for a better explanation for as to why I was rejected?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Annie R Antony
I received a mail stating that I do not qualify for MA in Media and Communication at Leeds as my BA course is not relevant to it. However, according to their website, it states that a person can apply even if they are pursuing history. In addition, to my bachelor's in history, I have taken up various certification courses on Social Media Marketing and have even acquired a minor in Journalism. I am still not satisfied with the answer that I have received from them. Is there any way that I can ask for a better explanation for as to why I was rejected?

Yes. Point out politely that the website explicitly states that your qualifications are fine.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes. Point out politely that the website explicitly states that your qualifications are fine.

Hi! Thank you for your reply.
Original post by Annie R Antony
Hi! Thank you for your reply.

They might turn round and reject you for another reason, but if you like the course then it's worth pushing them.
Original post by ageshallnot
They might turn round and reject you for another reason, but if you like the course then it's worth pushing them.

Will keep that in mind as well. Thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest