The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Leeds Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

hi
Original post by yadad23092308
hi

Hello! Are you thinking of applying to Leeds?
Hi I am applying to leeds as a graduate how about you?:smile:
Thinking about it as an undergraduate. This year is the first time Leeds are using UCAT instead of BMAT so I'm not sure about their requirements for that. What made you think about applying to Leeds?
Original post by EquivocateU2
Thinking about it as an undergraduate. This year is the first time Leeds are using UCAT instead of BMAT so I'm not sure about their requirements for that. What made you think about applying to Leeds?

I applied last year but unfortuantely didn't get an interview despite my bmat not being so bad (got 3.2 section 1, 5.2 section 2 & 3.5A section 3). This year I hope their ucat cutoff is not too high. Have you sat the ucat?
Original post by Greekdentist
I applied last year but unfortuantely didn't get an interview despite my bmat not being so bad (got 3.2 section 1, 5.2 section 2 & 3.5A section 3). This year I hope their ucat cutoff is not too high. Have you sat the ucat?

I did a few days ago. Trust in medify.

Thank you for letting me know about this. I use medify too.:smile:
How hard did you find the DM and SJT?
DM wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, SJT was alright too (covered typical scenarios). What are you averaging in your mocks? Are there any sections you're finding difficult? I hope Leeds is lenient when it comes to UCAT
DM wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, SJT was alright too (covered typical scenarios). What are you averaging in your mocks? Are there any sections you're finding difficult? I hope Leeds is lenient when it comes to UCAT

Hope too most unis are so harsh with ucat. :frown:
So I am averaging around 2450-2550 I aim to get a similar score but sometimes the DM and VR are quite difficult in medify and these are the sections that I might get 550-600 all others are fine overall. SJT is not too bad on medify and I keep getting a band 2.
Hope too most unis are so harsh with ucat. :frown:
So I am averaging around 2450-2550 I aim to get a similar score but sometimes the DM and VR are quite difficult in medify and these are the sections that I might get 550-600 all others are fine overall. SJT is not too bad on medify and I keep getting a band 2.

Medify can seen harsh sometimes I did all the mock exams as preparation and for me it prepared me for the worst. I hope it does the same for you and you get the score you want
Medify can seen harsh sometimes I did all the mock exams as preparation and for me it prepared me for the worst. I hope it does the same for you and you get the score you want

Thank you so much I hope too. I have my exam on 31/08. :redface:
Reply 12

How did it go?

what did u get
Original post by jg0602
How did it go?

I think I could've done better but I still think I did decently considering how previous mocks went and I managed to improve
Reply 15
Leeds entry requirements for Scottish highers are BBBBB. Any idea what's a realistic grade cutoff for Scottish highers?
Do they look at grades and UCAT for interviews or also look at personal statements?
Reply 16
I don't want to say what I got because I don't want people in my 6th form to hunt me down. I don't believe that kind of information matters much anyway, the test statistics released mid september will be much more telling.

Appreciated. Do you get an idea from anybody, if this year's scores are higher or lower than last year? It's not a mere curiosity but would be helpful in my situation.
Reply 17
Hi I am applying to leeds as a graduate how about you?:smile:

I am applying as a graduate too, where else were you thinking of applying to?
Original post by gabbyu
I am applying as a graduate too, where else were you thinking of applying to?

Hi :smile: I am thinking of applying to leeds, aberdeen, liverpool and dundee how about you?
Reply 19
Hi :smile: I am thinking of applying to leeds, aberdeen, liverpool and dundee how about you?

I am thinking of leeds, liverpool, kcl and dundee. Do you know if these compare graduates to graduates or graduates to undergraduates?

Quick Reply

Latest