The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

4 A/levels

Would UCL consider the 4th A/L subject when offering a place for computer science degree?
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure most universities look at 4 A-level because it gets added to your UCAS points and they look at them overall as well as individual grades
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Froggo123
I'm pretty sure most universities look at 4 A-level because it gets added to your UCAS points and they look at them overall as well as individual grades

Thanks. If I'm taking maths and Further Maths for A/L , would the universities only consider the Further maths?
Reply 3
Original post by Selvixy
Thanks. If I'm taking maths and Further Maths for A/L , would the universities only consider the Further maths?

I don't take maths so I wouldn't know 100% but a lot of my friends take both, I believe they will look at both maths and further maths as you get 2 qualifications for them, I see no reason for them to ignore one, but it's better to check with the individual university you want to go to :smile:
Most university websites have query forms and/or quick chats you can use to ask

This is what I also thought - but only certain unis like manchester met. look at the UCAS points. The vast majority depending on the actually uni look at your top 3 alevels and sometimes may specify a subject in those 3
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
I don't take maths so I wouldn't know 100% but a lot of my friends take both, I believe they will look at both maths and further maths as you get 2 qualifications for them, I see no reason for them to ignore one, but it's better to check with the individual university you want to go to :smile:
Most university websites have query forms and/or quick chats you can use to ask

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending