The Student Room Group

University of Hertfordshire physician associate interview

Has anyone been to the university of Hertfordshire assessment for the physician associate MSc? I got an invite saying it's a written reasoning skills assessment and group activities. I'm not too worried about the activities but nervous about the reasoning skills assessment - can anyone share any thoughts on their experience? Any advice on how to prepare? Thanks 🙏🏼

Scroll to see replies

I have !!
They said u can't really prepare which is true. I've never been to this kind of interview before even tho I've done medicine interviews too! So it's a new experience
Original post by Momo1998
I have !!

hey, what types of questions can they even ask. and what is stage 2 about!.
also have you got any other interviews lined up!
Original post by Chickenqueen
hey, what types of questions can they even ask. and what is stage 2 about!.
also have you got any other interviews lined up!

I dont know ? I haven't done the interview yet XD
Yeah I've done 3 for PA and 3 for med and I've got a few more to go
I dont know ? I haven't done the interview yet XD
Yeah I've done 3 for PA and 3 for med and I've got a few more to go

oh i thought you said you had! Do you know what to expect? because although they've said it requires no preparation - i dont believe them!

what interviews have you had so far? Ive just had anglia ruskin and it went terrible
No I got the same interview email as you. I've never done this kind before. When is ur interview
I did mine yesterday x went well

Hiya, do you have any advice for the first stage of the interview?
Original post by Dimasha.P
Hiya, do you have any advice for the first stage of the interview?

Hi! Yes be your self.
Don't talk over others or interrupt others.
Stick to the scenarios
Be natural. Itsnall information you know. Nothing out of the ordinary!

I hope u find this well :smile: I received my conditional offer last month !
Dm me if u need more help
Hi! Yes be your self.
Don't talk over others or interrupt others.
Stick to the scenarios
Be natural. Itsnall information you know. Nothing out of the ordinary!

I hope u find this well :smile: I received my conditional offer last month !
Dm me if u need more help

can you please provide tips in regards to stage 1 written assessment please
They said u can't really prepare which is true. I've never been to this kind of interview before even tho I've done medicine interviews too! So it's a new experience

Hi there, I’m a 2024 applicant and just received my invitation to the stage 1 assessment. Can you tell me anything about how it goes? What to expect maybe?

Thank you!!
Original post by Shsjsnahaj
Hi there, I’m a 2024 applicant and just received my invitation to the stage 1 assessment. Can you tell me anything about how it goes? What to expect maybe?

Thank you!!

Hi @Shsjsnahaj,
Great news that you're invited to the assessment for our MSc Physician Associate Studies course 🙂
We don't offer specific tips or guidance ahead of time to ensure fairness among all candidates but, as the interview date approaches, we will provide comprehensive instructions to ensure that every candidate is well prepared and has an equal opportunity.
We would also assure you that our interviews are designed to be engaging and interesting. We believe in creating an inclusive environment that encourages candidates to be themselves and showcase their unique qualities. We value authenticity and an open mind during the interview process.
Hope this helps as far as it can and wishing you all the best with the assessment.
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Shsjsnahaj,
Great news that you're invited to the assessment for our MSc Physician Associate Studies course 🙂
We don't offer specific tips or guidance ahead of time to ensure fairness among all candidates but, as the interview date approaches, we will provide comprehensive instructions to ensure that every candidate is well prepared and has an equal opportunity.
We would also assure you that our interviews are designed to be engaging and interesting. We believe in creating an inclusive environment that encourages candidates to be themselves and showcase their unique qualities. We value authenticity and an open mind during the interview process.
Hope this helps as far as it can and wishing you all the best with the assessment.
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team

Hi, I'd like to ask how many interview stages there are for the PA course. I applied through UCAS in January would you be able to know roughly when they would conduct interviews in March? Or February too?
Original post by Chelseaaaaa
Hi, I'd like to ask how many interview stages there are for the PA course. I applied through UCAS in January would you be able to know roughly when they would conduct interviews in March? Or February too?

Hi @chelseaaaaa,
Our recruitment process this year (Sept 2024 entry) involves a two stage process. Recruitment/interview event dates will depend on various factors such as when applicants officially apply and applicant/programme availability. Applicants are welcome to get in contact should they have further queries via [email protected]
Hope this helps and wishing you all the best with the process 🙂
Thanks,
Gaynor
HEY :smile: i just wanted to ask about the written interview, what did they ask? how did that go? how should i prepare?
Hi, I applied in January as well, have you heard anything back?
Reply 17
Original post by JAMILLATIJANI_
have you heard back?
Original post by JAMILLATIJANI_
Check your ucas sometimes they don’t send emails of confirmation . The written exams are on Monday so I’m assuming everyone should have gotten replies

There’s two stages, the interviews are Feb-April I believe as they take people in batches for these recruitment stages

Quick Reply

Latest