The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hi, does anyone know of any sports psychology work experience or psychology related work experience i could gain? Thank You :smile:
Hi there, are you in sixth form or already at university?
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hi there, are you in sixth form or already at university?

sixth form
Original post by ErinDoherty123
sixth form

Ah then, there's very little work experience you can do, to not say nothing at all :frown: You're not expected to gain experience for psychology at uni either, since it's very much an academic discipline at university more than anything else. But if it makes you happy, you can always try to volunteer at a mental health charity or a hospital.
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
Ah then, there's very little work experience you can do, to not say nothing at all :frown: You're not expected to gain experience for psychology at uni either, since it's very much an academic discipline at university more than anything else. But if it makes you happy, you can always try to volunteer at a mental health charity or a hospital.

Hi, I am in year 12 currently studying at sixth form and have to complete mandatory work experience at the end of this year, I would like to study psychology at university and would like to do work experience in as close a field as I possibly can. I am aware that this is very difficult due to confidentiality, but would you have any suggestions for the next best thing that is possible but still relevant? Thankyou in advance.
Reply 5
Hi,
I'm currently pursuing psychology conversion course at Cardiff University. I have to complete a mandatory placement. I was wondering if I could receive some help regarding the same.
Original post by REHall
Hi, I am in year 12 currently studying at sixth form and have to complete mandatory work experience at the end of this year, I would like to study psychology at university and would like to do work experience in as close a field as I possibly can. I am aware that this is very difficult due to confidentiality, but would you have any suggestions for the next best thing that is possible but still relevant? Thankyou in advance.

As I said above, there's very little experience, if not nothing at all you can do that directly relates to psychology during sixth form and at your age. I'm going to tag @thrivingfrog, who's the psychology at sixth form pro of the forum, to see if he has any ideas.

Original post by aspaasp98
Hi,
I'm currently pursuing psychology conversion course at Cardiff University. I have to complete a mandatory placement. I was wondering if I could receive some help regarding the same.

I'd search for placements/internships online (there should be a handful of internships available to university students) and I'd also get in touch with your university's career and jobs service, who should hopefully be able to point you to opportunities.
Original post by REHall

Hey! In terms of work experience I volunteered as a youth worker for 6 months and helped to run an after school group for 5 to 10 year olds . I also did the Springpod virtual work experience which, whilst unhelpful for mandatory work experience as its online, might be useful in terms of your personal statement. I got offers from all 5 of my unis for psychology so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by ErinDoherty123
Hi, does anyone know of any sports psychology work experience or psychology related work experience i could gain? Thank You :smile:

Hi, as other replies have stated, you're not expected to gain any relevant work experience for psychology until university, however, that doesn't mean there is absolutely nothing you can do! You can look into volunteering for local charities such as Mind, Young Minds, Defying Dementia, etc. These will likely have volunteering positions that are relevant to psychology and possibly even some sports activities. Additionally, you may be able to work as a youth leader at summer camps or kids groups where you would conduct sports activities.
Good luck!
-Kat (2nd year psychology undergraduate at Lancaster University)

Quick Reply

Latest