The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy

Can I apply to MMU for physio with having done a sports extended certificate equivalent to one a level? I don’t do biology
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous82727
Can I apply to MMU for physio with having done a sports extended certificate equivalent to one a level? I don’t do biology

Are you taking or do you have any other qualifications? The equivalent of three A levels is the usual requirement for undergraduate degree courses.
Original post by normaw
Are you taking or do you have any other qualifications? The equivalent of three A levels is the usual requirement for undergraduate degree courses.

yes I do 2 a levels and the sports is equivalent too one a level so that makes 3
yes I do 2 a levels and the sports is equivalent too one a level so that makes 3

This is from the entry requirements page for you course:

Please note that BTEC/CTEC single and double awards in Applied Science, Sport and Exercise Science and Health and Social Care do not meet the biological science requirement for this course.

We do not accept the following BTEC/CTEC qualifications:- Sport; Sports Therapy; Sports Development/Sports Coaching and Development; Sports Coaching and Fitness; Sport Performance and Excellence; Sports, Fitness and Personal Training; Esports; Sport and Physical Activity.

So if you're not taking an A level with biological content, it looks like you don't meet the requirements. You can email the uni with details of all your subjects to make sure.

Hi @Anonymous82727,

Unfortunately your application for Physiotherapy wouldn't be considered with BTEC sport. Instead we'd recommend applying for BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science.

After completing this degree, you can apply for a pre-registration physio master's degree as an alternative route into physiotherapy.

I hope this helps!!

Chloe😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending