The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hey guys

So I’ve picked my a level options which are psychology, economics and politics

But I’ve been thinking of changing politics as I fear it’s not a well respected a level to do as I want to go into university for accounting and managing or finance too to university that offer it without maths a level , so I’ve been thinking of changing it to either biology as I think it’s a well respected subjects that could help me get accepted but also business . So I need your advice if you could give

THANK YOUUUU
Reply 1
The issue isn't Politics. Politics A Level is well-respected and universities look at it like any other subject. The issue is why you don't want to do maths? It's going to be quite tricky finding a respectable university which doesn't require maths for accounting or finance degrees. Are you sure this is the right degree path for you, if you don't want to study one of its core subjects?

Sorry if this sounded harsh, I just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into if you don't do maths!!
Reply 2
Original post by aloevera4
The issue isn't Politics. Politics A Level is well-respected and universities look at it like any other subject. The issue is why you don't want to do maths? It's going to be quite tricky finding a respectable university which doesn't require maths for accounting or finance degrees. Are you sure this is the right degree path for you, if you don't want to study one of its core subjects?

Sorry if this sounded harsh, I just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into if you don't do maths!!

Agreed, I think that you need to do maths and if you don't really want to do maths then maybe it means that this isn't an industry you'd enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest