The Student Room Group

crying in class

someone in my family recently died from cancer (not a close relative but still someone that I knew). I didn’t cry when i found out, and thought that i’d be fine at school. however, the next day, as soon as a classmate asked me if i was alright (cause apparently i looked sad) i started crying super hard and had to leave class. is this normal? is it a sign that the death finally hit me and hadn’t before?
any advice would be greatly appreciated x
Original post by Anonymous
someone in my family recently died from cancer (not a close relative but still someone that I knew). I didn’t cry when i found out, and thought that i’d be fine at school. however, the next day, as soon as a classmate asked me if i was alright (cause apparently i looked sad) i started crying super hard and had to leave class. is this normal? is it a sign that the death finally hit me and hadn’t before?
any advice would be greatly appreciated x

There are many different ways people cope and are hit by grief. There is no one normal way to cope with grief, but I wouldn't says it's a particularly unusual way of being affected by grief.

Quick Reply

Latest