The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Degree Apprenticeship

Hi I got the grades Economics A, Physics D and Maths C when i took my A levels in 2023. I am retaking Maths and Physics this year and have decided to switch to Radiography from Engineering.

I know they start roughy around March time so when will the applications be open for 2025 March?

Is there anyone that is currently doing it and what is your experience with it?

What kind of career progression could I have in terms of further study into masters and also being able to apply to more senior roles in healthcare.

Original post by greysparkle
Hi I got the grades Economics A, Physics D and Maths C when i took my A levels in 2023. I am retaking Maths and Physics this year and have decided to switch to Radiography from Engineering.

I know they start roughy around March time so when will the applications be open for 2025 March?

What kind of career progression could I have in terms of further study into masters and also being able to apply to more senior roles in healthcare.

I'm coming at this more from the uni degree side as that is what I have more knowledge of (my DD was considering diagnostic rad last year). Graduates (and those with a pre-reg masters) can enter the NHS on band 5, which has a starting salary of £28,407 (more in London). There are opportunities to advance up the ranks and the pay scales with experience, further research and training, and you could become a band 8 consultant radiographer with ambition and drive. There is more info on the Society of Radiographers website:

https://www.sor.org/learning-advice/career-development/practice-level-information
https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/working-health/working-nhs/nhs-pay-and-benefits/agenda-change-pay-rates
Reply 2
Original post by greysparkle

Applications opening depend on the trust offering them but typically September-December via nhs jobs.

If you like learning on the job then it will work for you.

Career progression again depends on the trust you work for post registration and your drive/initiative. Some places have high staff turnover and they will get you trained up in other areas with additional responsibility quickly which means band 6 in 2 or so years at most.

Further masters/diploma usually for band 7+ depends on the trust and dept budget priorities.
Reply 3
Most trusts will only interview existing trust employees for apprenticeships. Most trusts insists on 12 months employment within the trust in order to fund you. Additionally they sign you into a 3 year post qual contract. if you leave within that time you are liable to payback a percentage of their investment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending