The Student Room Group

english imaginative writing

I am writing an essay for my english class, the story is along the line of there is a old wooden door hidden at the end of the corridor in an old school. I am trying to describe the door in like a detail way as this is a creative writing but I don't actually know what I can include in this.
Reply 1
Original post by Sainam
I am writing an essay for my english class, the story is along the line of there is a old wooden door hidden at the end of the corridor in an old school. I am trying to describe the door in like a detail way as this is a creative writing but I don't actually know what I can include in this.

Maybe think less of the door but try to imagine and encapsulate the emotion behind the person seeing it. Maybe it's their way of escaping something? Maybe it's a place if refuge? Maybe it's showing the downside of being so curious, like they must know what is behind that door and yk curiosity killed the cat so? I don't know how much you can say about a door but maybe if you were to just describe it, maybe personify it to be a character's worst fear come to life or reflecting their personality.
I don't know, these are just ideas.
Reply 2
Original post by ihusmfl
Maybe think less of the door but try to imagine and encapsulate the emotion behind the person seeing it. Maybe it's their way of escaping something? Maybe it's a place if refuge? Maybe it's showing the downside of being so curious, like they must know what is behind that door and yk curiosity killed the cat so? I don't know how much you can say about a door but maybe if you were to just describe it, maybe personify it to be a character's worst fear come to life or reflecting their personality.
I don't know, these are just ideas.

thank you so much for the tip, I will try to use this in my writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending