The Student Room Group

Medicine gap year 2024

Anyone wanna join a groupchat for the med rejects or those taking a gap year? feeling rlly alone in this lol
Reply 1
@AspiringSurvivor might be interested
Original post by study23!
@AspiringSurvivor might be interested

Omg thank you so much!!
Original post by lyca677
Anyone wanna join a groupchat for the med rejects or those taking a gap year? feeling rlly alone in this lol

Hi! I am in yr 13 and because pf visa status I couldn’t be considered, I applied to gateways cuz pf my ucat since yesterday i have been really down because of this. Are u taking a gap year to reapply to med?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Hi! I am in yr 13 and because pf visa status I couldn’t be considered, I applied to gateways cuz pf my ucat since yesterday i have been really down because of this. Are u taking a gap year to reapply to med?

I'm in yr 13 aswell!! was gonna apply to foundation year med but i thought i'd never get accepted so just ended up noy applying (regret it now tbf). I'm planning on doing the first year of biomed and apply to med at the same time cause some unis allow it so yea :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Omg thank you so much!!

hey whats ur snap
Original post by lyca677
I'm in yr 13 aswell!! was gonna apply to foundation year med but i thought i'd never get accepted so just ended up noy applying (regret it now tbf). I'm planning on doing the first year of biomed and apply to med at the same time cause some unis allow it so yea :smile:

first of all why on earth did you not apply? second of all just take a gap year and re apply! your gonna spend so much money just to re apply for medicine when you can take a gap year and get a job so you can make money instead
so many people say do not ever go into biomedicine with the intention of doing med after, its a stupid idea. I took a gap year and applied for medicine with a foundation year and have 3 interviews.i also got a job and making money alongside
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous_7871
first of all why on earth did you not apply? second of all just take a gap year and re apply! your gonna spend so much money just to re apply for medicine when you can take a gap year and get a job so you can make money instead

yk what i acc regret it everyday I defo should've given it a shot but oh well. I think i was also too influenced by my friends & teachers and ended up just applying to law instead but honestly i literally have no interest in it. I might still take a gap year even tho I don't rlly wanna stay at home for another year, just weighing out my options rn
Original post by lyca677
hey whats ur snap

I have pm-ed it to u!
Original post by lyca677

Honestly taking a gap year isn't so bad cuz I'm on one rn but the first few months were hard cuz I had no routine and it was super weird tryna find a routine, but it's only now after 7,8 months where everything is now slowly picking up pace
I applied to med for 2023 entry got rejected with no offers in March and I said again and again I'd never do the UCAT ever but in September i did it and now I did 1 interview with 1 more next week. Don't be afraid cuz gems don't form without friction, likewise we aren't refined without difficulty
Reply 12
Original post by Hydrophobe
I applied to med for 2023 entry got rejected with no offers in March and I said again and again I'd never do the UCAT ever but in September i did it and now I did 1 interview with 1 more next week. Don't be afraid cuz gems don't form without friction, likewise we aren't refined without difficulty

that was rlly motivating thanks!!! yea i'll try resitting the ucat before results day so ik if i should take a gap year. Also good luck to you i hope ur interviews go well let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest