The Student Room Group

Choosing 1 easy A Level alongside 2 hard ones

I’m in Year 11 and are applying for college.
I want to do Aerospace Engineering at university so I have definitely decided to do Maths and Physics, but im not sure about what I should do as a third. Originally,I wanted to choose Computer Science but I’ve heard the NEA is hard and i have no prior experience in programming, so I have decided to not do that.
A subject that caught my attention was Business (Not BTEC). I’ve heard this subject is quite easy to get a good grade in if you try and it would be manageable alongside two hard ones such as Maths and Physics but apparently uni’s don’t respect Business as much and im not quite sure about it now.
Would it be okay if i take it as a third?
Will it leave me in disadvantage when applying for uni?
Any other easy subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by krazy8
I’m in Year 11 and are applying for college.
I want to do Aerospace Engineering at university so I have definitely decided to do Maths and Physics, but im not sure about what I should do as a third. Originally,I wanted to choose Computer Science but I’ve heard the NEA is hard and i have no prior experience in programming, so I have decided to not do that.
A subject that caught my attention was Business (Not BTEC). I’ve heard this subject is quite easy to get a good grade in if you try and it would be manageable alongside two hard ones such as Maths and Physics but apparently uni’s don’t respect Business as much and im not quite sure about it now.
Would it be okay if i take it as a third?
Will it leave me in disadvantage when applying for uni?
Any other easy subjects?

Business is calm if you’re doing physics (arguably the hardest a level). If your really looking for an easy A level then computer science, business, economics or geography are probably the best and easiest subjects

I would push yourself tho to try do further maths as a 3rd. It’s incredibly hard, but if you’re aiming for Oxbridge or imperial it’s damn near compulsory.

For context, I’m in year 12 studying maths, further, econ and computer science

For the computer science NEA, you basically go over all the programming stuff at the beginning of the a level that you did in gcse so there would be no content gaps. However, literally a week of practicing python and youll be up to standard and can learn all the skills you need for the NEA from then

Good looks
Reply 2
Original post by skvsyu

Business is calm if you’re doing physics (arguably the hardest a level). If your really looking for an easy A level then computer science, business, economics or geography are probably the best and easiest subjects

I would push yourself tho to try do further maths as a 3rd. It’s incredibly hard, but if you’re aiming for Oxbridge or imperial it’s damn near compulsory.

For context, I’m in year 12 studying maths, further, econ and computer science

For the computer science NEA, you basically go over all the programming stuff at the beginning of the a level that you did in gcse so there would be no content gaps. However, literally a week of practicing python and youll be up to standard and can learn all the skills you need for the NEA from then

Good looks

Appreciate ur comment man, would love to do further maths but i just dont want to be stressing out too much and im not really aiming for oxbridge so I think business might be better. Just want to mainly focus on maths and physics as i want to do aerospace engineering
Reply 3
Original post by krazy8

Appreciate ur comment man, would love to do further maths but i just dont want to be stressing out too much and im not really aiming for oxbridge so I think business might be better. Just want to mainly focus on maths and physics as i want to do aerospace engineering

Nah I hear that then, in that case ur trio is perfect just make sure not to neglect business because it’s the easy one just remember u choose it to get that easy A/A* so u still gotta work somewhat for it
Reply 4
Original post by skvsyu

Nah I hear that then, in that case ur trio is perfect just make sure not to neglect business because it’s the easy one just remember u choose it to get that easy A/A* so u still gotta work somewhat for it

yeah definitely, thank u man

Quick Reply

Latest