The Student Room Group

Ada, National College for Digital Skills application

I recently attended an open day for this college and I loved everything about it - the (relatively) small classes, the building and the area, regardless of it being an hour and thirty from me, but what I'm worried about is it's courses.
Ada offers BTEC Computing with Maths and Further maths, while there is a sixth form I applied to that offers A-Level Computing.
I intend to do a Degree Apprenticeship afterwards, so I'm worried if getting if getting a BTEC and not A-Level, would be okay on my application, or I should stick to all A-Levels???
Reply 1
Original post by lolipop?
I recently attended an open day for this college and I loved everything about it - the (relatively) small classes, the building and the area, regardless of it being an hour and thirty from me, but what I'm worried about is it's courses.
Ada offers BTEC Computing with Maths and Further maths, while there is a sixth form I applied to that offers A-Level Computing.
I intend to do a Degree Apprenticeship afterwards, so I'm worried if getting if getting a BTEC and not A-Level, would be okay on my application, or I should stick to all A-Levels???

It's great to hear about your positive experience at Ada's open day and your passion for pursuing a career in computing. Your dilemma between choosing BTEC Computing with Maths and Further Maths or A-Level Computing is a common one, but it's essential to remember that both paths can lead to successful outcomes, especially with your ambition towards a Degree Apprenticeship.
[start]BTEC qualifications are highly respected and recognized for their practical approach and industry relevance. They can provide you with a strong foundation in computing and the applied skills needed for a Degree Apprenticeship. Moreover, the inclusion of Maths and Further Maths in your BTEC course will only strengthen your application, showcasing your ability to tackle complex mathematical concepts a critical skill in computing.[/start]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending