The Student Room Group

hills road - help

i’m really stressed about getting into hills road. i live 30 mins away and i have an admissions score of 79. i want to take history (ccc), philosophy, sociology and business. the subjects i wanna take have small classes. i got 8s (predicted) in all the subjects that i need for my alevel subjects. i’m just really stressed and ik there’s not much people can do but does me getting in seem likely at all??
Original post by idk_12345677
i’m really stressed about getting into hills road. i live 30 mins away and i have an admissions score of 79. i want to take history (ccc), philosophy, sociology and business. the subjects i wanna take have small classes. i got 8s (predicted) in all the subjects that i need for my alevel subjects. i’m just really stressed and ik there’s not much people can do but does me getting in seem likely at all??

Hi, not sure if you've found out yet whether you got in or not but honestly I think you stand a good chance. I know some people in my year who live pretty far away and your grades seem good. Good luck !
I'm at Hills Road right now, studying some of the subjects you've applied for, and I remember how stressed out I was this time a couple years ago. An admissions score of 79 is marvellous, and I can tell you that the average philosophy/business student has nothing close to that so its very likely you'll get in. I know Hills has a reputation for being competitive but I know barely anyone who applied and didn't get in - a friend of mine with an admissions score of 62 who lives 45 minutes away got in, so there's good reason to suggest you will too. Good luck!
Original post by spooky541
Hi, not sure if you've found out yet whether you got in or not but honestly I think you stand a good chance. I know some people in my year who live pretty far away and your grades seem good. Good luck !

i find out in two weeks… fingers crossed
Hi! I know people who go here, and honestly, as long as you meet the grade requirements (which you exceed by several grades) and are in the catchment area, you'll likely be fine :smile: When you say 30 mins away, is that walking or driving/train (just to get an idea of whether you are in the catchment area or not)?
Original post by lawofducks123
Hi! I know people who go here, and honestly, as long as you meet the grade requirements (which you exceed by several grades) and are in the catchment area, you'll likely be fine :smile: When you say 30 mins away, is that walking or driving/train (just to get an idea of whether you are in the catchment area or not)?

driving. i think it’s 25-30 without traffic. it’s also around that time by train. i live in letchworth
Original post by lyssieliv
i'm at hills road right now, studying some of the subjects you've applied for, and i remember how stressed out i was this time a couple years ago. An admissions score of 79 is marvellous, and i can tell you that the average philosophy/business student has nothing close to that so its very likely you'll get in. I know hills has a reputation for being competitive but i know barely anyone who applied and didn't get in - a friend of mine with an admissions score of 62 who lives 45 minutes away got in, so there's good reason to suggest you will too. Good luck!

i got in!!!
i got in!!!

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending