The Student Room Group

hills road application

i applied to hills and they have been handing out guidance meetings. all my friends have got one but the email i received said “We are continuing to review applications. Please do not worry if someone you know has been offered a guidance meeting; you will receive an update on this next week.” is this a bad thing? cause i live quite far and idk if they are like putting me aside while they look for closer applicants. has this happened to anyone else who has applied before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by idk_12345677
i applied to hills and they have been handing out guidance meetings. all my friends have got one but the email i received said “We are continuing to review applications. Please do not worry if someone you know has been offered a guidance meeting; you will receive an update on this next week.” is this a bad thing? cause i live quite far and idk if they are like putting me aside while they look for closer applicants. has this happened to anyone else who has applied before?

This happened to me too
Reply 2
Original post by 3carg

This happened to me too

can you let me know what they say to you when they email you?
Reply 3
can you let me know what they say to you when they email you?

Okay I will :smile:)
Reply 4
Original post by 3carg

Okay I will :smile:)

i got a guidance meeting. did you?
Reply 5
i got a guidance meeting. did you?

Congrats! No I still havn't heard anything yet- does that mean I won't get a guidance meeting at all now?
Reply 6
Original post by 3carg

Congrats! No I still havn't heard anything yet- does that mean I won't get a guidance meeting at all now?

possibly. when i was signing up for the meeting they only had 30 slots left. they should have emailed you with an update tho. what subjects are you take and how far do you live from hills?
Reply 7

Well as the others had said they got it too. My 2 friends also got this with no news yet.
Reply 8
Original post by Trickia

Well as the others had said they got it too. My 2 friends also got this with no news yet.

how far do they live from hills, what subjects did they wanna take and what is their admissions score/grades?
Reply 9

how far do they live from hills, what subjects did they wanna take and what is their admissions score/grades?

Oh 68, bio, chem and art
And if the catchment is the same as last year she should be in it.
30 mins from hills by car
This friend isn't worried abt hills my other friend tho
She took bio, chem, maths I think
30 mins as well
And the score I'm pretty sure she hit it
Original post by Trickia

Oh 68, bio, chem and art
And if the catchment is the same as last year she should be in it.
30 mins from hills by car
This friend isn't worried abt hills my other friend tho
She took bio, chem, maths I think
30 mins as well
And the score I'm pretty sure she hit it

i’m like 40mins away from hills. my admissions score was 79 and i was doing philosophy, history, sociology and business. it’s kinda strange. their communication has been really poor throughout this process tbh
Reply 11

i’m like 40mins away from hills. my admissions score was 79 and i was doing philosophy, history, sociology and business. it’s kinda strange. their communication has been really poor throughout this process tbh

True but they are busy tho
Original post by Trickia

True but they are busy tho

do you know if catchment is set for everyone applying or if it varies based on the subject and how much demand there is for each subject?
Reply 13

do you know if catchment is set for everyone applying or if it varies based on the subject and how much demand there is for each subject?

No it is set for everyone it changes every year. Hills said for a reference last year was 15 miles. Priority also goes to cap students.
Reply 14
I'm pretty sure anyway
Original post by Trickia

No it is set for everyone it changes every year. Hills said for a reference last year was 15 miles. Priority also goes to cap students.

alr thanks. sorry for so many questions but if they aren’t oversubscribed does catchment still apply?
Reply 16

alr thanks. sorry for so many questions but if they aren’t oversubscribed does catchment still apply?

I don't think so? Go check their website for admissions policy to be sure
Original post by Trickia

I don't think so? Go check their website for admissions policy to be sure

if you satisfy their expectations and are within catchment you get a guidance meeting right? if you’re out of catchment you won’t get a guidance meeting?
Reply 18

if you satisfy their expectations and are within catchment you get a guidance meeting right? if you’re out of catchment you won’t get a guidance meeting?

I'm not too sure how it works and I don't want to spread misinfo so check their website on their admissions policy and process
Hey guys I'm applying for hills road as well, I have received a guidance meeting, I have an admissions score of 74 and I wanna do history, maths and Spanish. I live around 45 mins away. Do u think I have good chances of getting in because I really wanna get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending