The Student Room Group

y10 english literature mock exam - question

hey, for my year 10 end of year mocks i’m going to have two exams for english literature one on inspector calls and the other on the merchant of venice.
just clarifying, because i really struggle with timings and like finishing in time (because i’m always so focused on writing something really good that i kind of lose track) do you think i could just write 3 long paragraphs for both of my exams (+ an introduction and a conclusion) i did this in a class assessment for merchant of venice and did well but i’m just checking if i can do this for my proper mock because my teacher is trying to make us do 6 paragraphs (specifically for the merchant of venice exam) and that i definitely can’t do, will i be okay with just writing 3 long paragraphs in the two eng lit exams?
Reply 1
You'll be fine :smile:. Length of the essay or the number of paragraphs you want to do is completely irrelevant, and is not needed anywhere in the mark scheme. So long as you develop your answer throughout (which is required), you could have any number of paragraphs, if that makes sense. To go into more detail, what is expected is a 'well-structured argument that is developed throughout' - so don't repeat the same paragraph, and try and have each paragraph structured well, e.g. with a point for each, minor thesis, etcetera. It's generally recommended to have at least 3 paragraphs (which you've got), because it just shows examiners you are structuring your argument and such. Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
You'll be fine :smile:. Length of the essay or the number of paragraphs you want to do is completely irrelevant, and is not needed anywhere in the mark scheme. So long as you develop your answer throughout (which is required), you could have any number of paragraphs, if that makes sense. To go into more detail, what is expected is a 'well-structured argument that is developed throughout' - so don't repeat the same paragraph, and try and have each paragraph structured well, e.g. with a point for each, minor thesis, etcetera. It's generally recommended to have at least 3 paragraphs (which you've got), because it just shows examiners you are structuring your argument and such. Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:

hey thanks so much for answering! i’ll do exactly that
Reply 3
Original post by ctrlm.
hey thanks so much for answering! i’ll do exactly that

No problem! Hope the mock goes well :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending