The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level CS coursework - how do I get the best marks??

Hi,
I'm in Year 13 and thought I was doing great in CS, but my teacher tells me the Analysis & Design sections of my coursework are only D level. The Development bit is at a B, but I'm worried about the overall mark.
I want to do CS/Software Engineering at uni so I want to get an A overall and I need the coursework to add to the exam mark not drag it down.
Any advice on what I need to stick in the Dev/Eval sections to impress the assessors?
I'm doing a game in Unity/C#.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by turbogeek1000
Hi,
I'm in Year 13 and thought I was doing great in CS, but my teacher tells me the Analysis & Design sections of my coursework are only D level. The Development bit is at a B, but I'm worried about the overall mark.
I want to do CS/Software Engineering at uni so I want to get an A overall and I need the coursework to add to the exam mark not drag it down.
Any advice on what I need to stick in the Dev/Eval sections to impress the assessors?
I'm doing a game in Unity/C#.
Thanks.

You looked at the mark scheme that is part of spec and check you are doing all those areas well? Analysis is all about justification. Design is making sure fully explain the diagram at the top and break it down. Are you covering all areas for each section? Could someone else do you design? On development make sure you show issues as you go along and how you fixed them. This is what we do but can't promote directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending