The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham university classics year abroad

Is there the opportunity to study in USA or Canada with the undergraduate classics course at Durham? I’m aware that they offer Greece/Netherlands etc. but i haven’t found anything about outside Europe. Thank you
Original post by aiqndj
Is there the opportunity to study in USA or Canada with the undergraduate classics course at Durham? I’m aware that they offer Greece/Netherlands etc. but i haven’t found anything about outside Europe. Thank you

Hiya

The website provides a list of European locations by course but doesn't give the same list for other locations. Partnerships in non-European do exist though, so I'd suggest contacting the Department Exchange Coordinator for more information. For Classics, you can contact [email protected] :smile:

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by aiqndj

Hi,

As someone who has done a year abroad outside of Europe at Durham, I might be able to provide more information. The website has a list of all places you can go but its separated into European and Non-European. The Non-European ones aren't linked to specific departments like the European exchanges typically are. When I did my year abroad the guidance at the time was that as long as you could find enough classes that are similar in content or linked to your course then you could go to that partner university. It's worth noting that you can take classes outside of your department as different unis categorise different subjects slightly differently sometimes so it may be worth looking at departments that are similar or may have crossovers with your department at Durham. Therefore I would suggest you check the website for the list of partner unis in the USA and Canada to see where you're interested in and then check their module/class lists.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest