The Student Room Group

Seeking Financial Support for my place at Christ Hospital

Recently, I was accepted into Christ Hospital sixth form (an independent school) for the class of 2024. However, they only offered my family and me a 54% bursary (which is essentially £6,000+ per term). My family can't afford this; however, they say we shouldn't have been given anything due to how much equity we have. The only reason they offered me a bursary was due to my high entrance exam scores and my interview. We own the house we live in, plus a small apartment in Streatham; however, there is still debt on both properties. We have also applied for a scholarship, but it will only cover 20%, and I won't find out if I got anything until the 9th of February. I am trying to find external sponsorship or grants that my family might be able to apply for since we have a relatively low household income. Christ Hospital is honestly my ideal sixth form, and I basically fell in love with the place the minute I went there, so I definitely want to fight to keep my place. Can anyone please recommend any companies or organizations I can go to get help? Anything is appreciated.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest