The Student Room Group

Moving out 3rd year

Would you recommend moving out and changing uni for third year. My family and my parents are making it a nightmare for me to do assignments
Original post by Anonymous
Would you recommend moving out and changing uni for third year. My family and my parents are making it a nightmare for me to do assignments

Hey!
I understand that dealing with difficult family situations can significantly impact your academic experience. While I cannot make decisions for you, I can offer some guidance to help you consider your options. Moving out and changing universities for your third year is a significant decision, and it's essential to weigh the pros and cons before making a choice. Here are a few factors to consider:

- Support System: Evaluate the support available to you at your current university. Are there counseling services, mentors, or academic advisors who can help you navigate the challenges you're facing? It's worth exploring the resources offered by your institution before considering a move.

- Impact on Academics: Changing universities can disrupt your academic progress. Consider whether the potential benefits of moving outweigh the potential setbacks, such as credit transfers, course differences, and adjustments to new surroundings.

- Financial Considerations: Moving out and changing universities can have financial implications. Assess the costs associated with relocation, including accommodation, tuition fees, and other expenses. Ensure that you have a realistic plan in place to support yourself financially in your new environment.

- Personal Well-being: Your mental and emotional well-being are crucial for academic success. Reflect on how the current situation with your family is affecting your overall happiness and ability to focus on your studies. Moving out may provide you with a healthier environment that allows you to thrive academically.

- Long-term Goals: Consider your long-term goals and aspirations. Will changing universities align better with your future plans and provide you with more opportunities? Reflect on how the new university and its programs can contribute to your academic and professional growth.

Ultimately, the decision to move out and change universities is a personal one that depends on your unique circumstances. It may be helpful to speak with a trusted academic advisor, counselor, or someone experienced in handling such situations to gain further perspective. They can provide valuable guidance and support as you navigate this challenging decision. Remember that prioritizing your well-being and academic success is essential. Seek the necessary help and resources available to you, both within your current university and externally, to ensure you make an informed choice that best suits your needs.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by axo02

what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending