The Student Room Group

Seeking Financial Support for place at Christ Hospital sixth form

Recently, I was accepted into Christ Hospital sixth form (an independent school) for the class of 2024. However, they only offered my family and me a 54% bursary (which is essentially £6,000+ per term). My family can't afford this; however, they say we shouldn't have been given anything due to how much equity we have. The only reason I was given the bursary at all was due to my high entrance exam scores and my interview. We own the house we live in, plus a small apartment in Streatham; however, there is still debt on both properties. We have also applied for a scholarship, but it will only cover 20%, and I won't find out if I got anything until the 9th of February. I am trying to find external sponsorship or grants that my family might be able to apply for since we have a relatively low household income. Christ Hospital is honestly my ideal sixth form, and I basically fell in love with the place the minute I went there, so I definitely want to fight to keep my place. Can anyone please recommend any companies or organizations I can go to get help? Anything is appreciated.
Original post by sariahm0005
Recently, I was accepted into Christ Hospital sixth form (an independent school) for the class of 2024. However, they only offered my family and me a 54% bursary (which is essentially £6,000+ per term). My family can't afford this; however, they say we shouldn't have been given anything due to how much equity we have. The only reason I was given the bursary at all was due to my high entrance exam scores and my interview. We own the house we live in, plus a small apartment in Streatham; however, there is still debt on both properties. We have also applied for a scholarship, but it will only cover 20%, and I won't find out if I got anything until the 9th of February. I am trying to find external sponsorship or grants that my family might be able to apply for since we have a relatively low household income. Christ Hospital is honestly my ideal sixth form, and I basically fell in love with the place the minute I went there, so I definitely want to fight to keep my place. Can anyone please recommend any companies or organizations I can go to get help? Anything is appreciated.

Hiya! Current sixth form student at CH here. Would deffo get in contact with the school and explain your situation. Tell them that you are not able to afford the school and explain that it is your child’s dream sixth form. I hope they can give understanding since so many of us receive financial aid. In terms of sponsors- I know of companies such as the drapers, ironmongers, fishmongers etc. sponsor pupils. There are more but I can’t remember them off the top of my head (basically a lot of the guilds in London). There are also schemes where Old Blues give financial aid so I’d recommend checking those out as well!
Good luck! Also if you have any questions about CH feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending