The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Psychology

Hi, has anyone applied or got an offer for MSc Applied Clinical Psychology at UCLan for September 2024?
Original post by luvpsych
Hi, has anyone applied or got an offer for MSc Applied Clinical Psychology at UCLan for September 2024?

Hi @luvpsych, 😊

Great to see that you are interested in studying MSc Applied Clinical Psychology here at UCLan. 🌹

Can I help you with any questions you may have about the course or life here as a UCLan student?

All the best,
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @luvpsych, 😊

Great to see that you are interested in studying MSc Applied Clinical Psychology here at UCLan. 🌹

Can I help you with any questions you may have about the course or life here as a UCLan student?

All the best,
Sarah

Hi! I'm not the original user who asked the question, but I was wondering if you could help me out. How long is the placement when studying full time?
Hi @bcheshire1,

Thanks for your question. It's great to hear that you are interested in this course. I believe the placement for our MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course is 50 hours. Our placements give students the opportunity to enhance their professional and personal development by working in the private sector, third sector and local NHS services. You can learn more about the course including modules and how to apply here.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any questions.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
Reply 4
Hi @bcheshire1,

Thanks for your question. It's great to hear that you are interested in this course. I believe the placement for our MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course is 50 hours. Our placements give students the opportunity to enhance their professional and personal development by working in the private sector, third sector and local NHS services. You can learn more about the course including modules and how to apply here.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any questions.

All the best, 😊
Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Are the placements allocated by UCLan or do we have to find our own placements?
Reply 5
Original post by bcheshire1
Hi @luvpsych, 😊

All the best,
Sarah

Hi! I'm not the original user who asked the question, but I was wondering if you could help me out. How long is the placement when studying full time?

Hi @bcheshire1
Are you joining UCLan? I’m very interested in the MSc applied clinical psychology program there for the September 2024 intake.
Original post by GBAN
Hi Sarah,

Hi @GBAN,

Thank you for your question, great to see that you are interested in our MSc applied Clinical Psychology course. To help answer this question, I will need to speak to one of our academic tutors. As it is currently achievement week here at UCLan where most students are given a break from classes and take this time to focus on their academic and personal development, this means that a lot of academic staff are also not in but I will let you know as soon as I have received a response.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
Original post by GBAN
Hi Sarah,

Hi @GBAN,

Thank you for your patience while I have a look into this. Students who are on our MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course will need to find their own placements but we do provide a list of available placements as guidance.

Best wishes, 😊
Sarah
Reply 8
Thanks Sarah! That’s helpful to know.
It’s a full time MSc, but are the study days spread out over the week? Requiring attendance on all 5 days of the week?
I’m asking as I have a part time job and would like to know if I can commit to this MSc alongside my job.
Thanks for all your help!
Original post by GBAN
Thanks Sarah! That’s helpful to know.
It’s a full time MSc, but are the study days spread out over the week? Requiring attendance on all 5 days of the week?
I’m asking as I have a part time job and would like to know if I can commit to this MSc alongside my job.
Thanks for all your help!
Hi @GBAN,

Thank you for your question. Student timetables do vary depending on your course, I know that many students including myself have part time jobs while at university. Our course enquiries team may be able to give you an idea on how your course will be structured, they can be contacted at [email protected] or you can call the team on +44 (0)1772 892400.

You are also welcome to reach out to one of the course tutors for advice on this, they are listed on the course page here. You can find them by going to the 'Academic expertise' part of the course page.

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by luvpsych
Hi, I’ve had an offer
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I’ve had an offer
Hi Anon,

Congratulations on your offer for our MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course! 🎉

We have a 2024 UCLan offer holder forum that you may want to keep an eye on for any updates or information - Official UCLan Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room

Do let me know if you have any questions about your course or life here as a student and I'd be happy to help. 😊

All the best and we hope to see you on campus soon.
Sara

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending