The Student Room Group

How to get better at certain subjects?

How do I get better at french or maths?
for maths right now I am a grade 6 and for french I am a grade 7 but my teacher tells me I will do foundation instead of higher
Reply 1
Original post by kavi34O
How do I get better at french or maths?
for maths right now I am a grade 6 and for french I am a grade 7 but my teacher tells me I will do foundation instead of higher

Hey i dont see why you should take foundation with those grades? But anyhow for maths it is really just practice, practice and more practice. If you don't understand or need refreshing, watch a video or something on the topic. Then attempt doing past paper questions on that topic to strengthen your understanding. Use websites like maths genie.

For french you could use more sophisticated vocab. So a wider range or more complex. So make sure you know all the tenses and grammar stuff under your belt. Practice past papers. Learn words or phrases as reading and listening are easy place to grab marks if you understand the words and sentences.
Reply 2
Original post by Trickia
Hey i dont see why you should take foundation with those grades? But anyhow for maths it is really just practice, practice and more practice. If you don't understand or need refreshing, watch a video or something on the topic. Then attempt doing past paper questions on that topic to strengthen your understanding. Use websites like maths genie.

For french you could use more sophisticated vocab. So a wider range or more complex. So make sure you know all the tenses and grammar stuff under your belt. Practice past papers. Learn words or phrases as reading and listening are easy place to grab marks if you understand the words and sentences.

thank you!
Reply 3
No problem

Quick Reply

Latest