The Student Room Group

Returning student finance advice please

i dropped out of uni 5 years ago due to health corncerns half way through my second year. ive reapplied for finance this year but student finance wont pay my uni anything and hasnt said why?
i thought you got at least four years of funding, so will i have to pay for the entire degree or can i get them to pay some now?
If you have 2 years of previous study then SFE won’t pay a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a new degree.

If you can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons for your dropping out last time then one of your previous study years will be disregarded and you will get a tuition fee loan. Submit your evidence with a cover note explaining that you are claiming CPR (compelling personal reasons) for your previous study by uploading it to your account.
Original post by ClaraMish
i dropped out of uni 5 years ago due to health corncerns half way through my second year. ive reapplied for finance this year but student finance wont pay my uni anything and hasnt said why?
i thought you got at least four years of funding, so will i have to pay for the entire degree or can i get them to pay some now?

Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending