The Student Room Group

Marketing Degree or Apprenticeship?

Hey,

I’m interested in content marketing for the future and I’m not sure whether I should do a marketing/ management degree or a digital marketing apprenticeship degree.

I’ve heard that marketing courses tend to be slightly behind due to the fast paced industry and some jobs really just require CIM certificates and online courses, but I‘ve also seen that many graduates do end up with jobs in the right areas. Whether that’s through the degree itself or networking though is what I’d like to know because, well I don’t really want a semi-useless degree.

So… I’m just really confused on whether I should continue with applying for a normal university degree or an apprenticeship degree where I’ll gain some work experience too. I’ve never really thought about a degree like this and I saw some people saying that it narrows your options because it’s so focused.

But, at the end of the day if I’d do better off in a career in marketing through an apprenticeship degree I’d really like to know.

Please help me out, I’m so indecisive and if anybody has had a similar dilemma and worked it out or has experience in marketing I’d be really grateful for any help!

(edited 8 months ago)
Hello!

My husband did a degree apprenticeship and while he loved it and it really suited his learning style, he also worked insane hours, as he was in work 4 days a week and then at uni 1 day a week.

I think it honestly depends if you know what marketing industry you want to go into. If you can get a degree apprenticeship and are ready to work hard, why not go for it? If you're unsure what area of marketing you want to explore, then a traditional degree may be the better option.

Whatever you decide, there's no right answers, my advice would be network as much as you can while you're at university, go to networking events and reach out to local marketers so you have a great network by the time you graduate!

Good luck and wishing you success!

Jenny
Arts University Plymouth Rep

http://aup.ac.uk/clearing
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending