The Student Room Group

Presentations and DSA

I've recently had my DSA study needs assessment and they've implied it would be beneficial if I could present to the course tutor, as opposed to the group and if this is not possible, audio or visual presentations.
I've got presentations on my course next year and I'm just wondering if I'll have to present to the group or it's just "beneficial". Thank you.
It sounds like the advice they've given is:
Best case scenario: present just to course tutor, many course tutors are fine with this
If not possible: record either in video or audio format beforehand, and don't give an in person presentation to the group

From this it appears to me that it is not required for you to have to give an in person presentation to the group, and that other arrangements as shown above should be made instead
Reply 2
Original post by Fibonacci28
It sounds like the advice they've given is:
Best case scenario: present just to course tutor, many course tutors are fine with this
If not possible: record either in video or audio format beforehand, and don't give an in person presentation to the group

From this it appears to me that it is not required for you to have to give an in person presentation to the group, and that other arrangements as shown above should be made instead

Thank you so much.
Hope I'm not asking a silly question but would my course tutor be my seminar teacher or would it be the module leader?
Thank you.
Original post by Caitlin9801
Thank you so much.
Hope I'm not asking a silly question but would my course tutor be my seminar teacher or would it be the module leader?
Thank you.

I would suspect it would be the seminar teacher, as they would normally be the one seeing the presentation? Whoever would normally see it I think is the answer.
Original post by Caitlin9801
I've recently had my DSA study needs assessment and they've implied it would be beneficial if I could present to the course tutor, as opposed to the group and if this is not possible, audio or visual presentations.
I've got presentations on my course next year and I'm just wondering if I'll have to present to the group or it's just "beneficial". Thank you.

Have you got a Learning Support Plan in place? If so it might be useful to see if you can get this added to it. If not, maybe contact the disability team at your university and they should be able to help create one with you.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by YSJstudents
Have you got a Learning Support Plan in place? If so it might be useful to see if you can get this added to it. If not, maybe contact the disability team at your university and they should be able to help create one with you.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
I have one but it hasn't officially been finalised until they get my dsa needs assessment back or something. Would this be added once they have it or would I still need to contact them? My course has a presentation next year and 2 in the 3rd year so was just wondering. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest