The Student Room Group

Changing DSA- help!

Hi everyone

So I was awarded DSA previously based on 2 mental health conditions I had diagnosed. My diagnoses have recently been removed and changed to just one diagnosis of ADHD. There is a big difference between ADHD and the previous conditions and I feel that the DSA recommendations I was given aren’t very helpful for ADHD.

So I’m a bit confused about how I go about getting the DSA changed. Do I have to contact student finance directly? If so, how do I send them my new medical evidence as there’s no option to do so in the SFE portal? Or do I contact the needs assessment centre again?

Thanks
Have you contacted your wellbeing or disability team at uni? They may be able to help and support you with contacting SFE.
This is a link to the GOV.UK website which has some useful information regarding DSA, which may help you.

https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Original post by emilyxsierra
Hi everyone

So I was awarded DSA previously based on 2 mental health conditions I had diagnosed. My diagnoses have recently been removed and changed to just one diagnosis of ADHD. There is a big difference between ADHD and the previous conditions and I feel that the DSA recommendations I was given aren’t very helpful for ADHD.

So I’m a bit confused about how I go about getting the DSA changed. Do I have to contact student finance directly? If so, how do I send them my new medical evidence as there’s no option to do so in the SFE portal? Or do I contact the needs assessment centre again?

Thanks
Hi.. sorry you didn’t find the DSA useful.. what were you recommended?

Quick Reply

Latest