The Student Room Group

UCL LNAT score 2024

Hi everyone, I got 28 in my LNAT is that a good enough score for UCL?
Reply 1
on paper i would say so- their average is usually around there. i’m also waiting on ucl with a score of 33. obviously the application is holistic, so it also depends on our grades, ps, etc. let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
Honestly, not sure for this year. But when I applied in 2021 I remember that the LNAT scores vary so look at what the average is this year. Then have a look at what past offer holders got in their LNAT (compared to the average score of that year).

Please do note though - the score is only regarding the multiple choice section of the LNAT. The essay section is subjectively marked and not all universities pay much attention to the essay bit but from experience, UCL place a lot of emphasis on the strength of your essay. More than other unis.

It’s annoying because there’s no concrete guidance on what they look for in the essay section so it’s very iffy but just know that you can have a killer score on the LNAT but UCL still place an overwhelming part of their decision on the strength of your essay.

Law school applications were hellish for me - it’s a stressful time. I wish you all the best xx
I have an LNAT score of 28 and was offered a conditional place at UCL - I think you’ll be fine! Though what others have said is true - UCL places a lot more emphasis on the essay. In my opinion, my essay was very much better compared to how my MCQ section went. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by isha_07
on paper i would say so- their average is usually around there. i’m also waiting on ucl with a score of 33. obviously the application is holistic, so it also depends on our grades, ps, etc. let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

Thanks for the response, best of luck! Hopefully we both get in 🤞
Reply 5
Original post by DopamineDeficit
Honestly, not sure for this year. But when I applied in 2021 I remember that the LNAT scores vary so look at what the average is this year. Then have a look at what past offer holders got in their LNAT (compared to the average score of that year).

Please do note though - the score is only regarding the multiple choice section of the LNAT. The essay section is subjectively marked and not all universities pay much attention to the essay bit but from experience, UCL place a lot of emphasis on the strength of your essay. More than other unis.

It’s annoying because there’s no concrete guidance on what they look for in the essay section so it’s very iffy but just know that you can have a killer score on the LNAT but UCL still place an overwhelming part of their decision on the strength of your essay.

Law school applications were hellish for me - it’s a stressful time. I wish you all the best xx

Thank you for the detailed response, this was very helpful ☺️ I think my essay went alright although I’m worried that it was ok by my standards but not UCLs… I suppose we’ll see soon🤞
Reply 6
Original post by ellelelehehehe
I have an LNAT score of 28 and was offered a conditional place at UCL - I think you’ll be fine! Though what others have said is true - UCL places a lot more emphasis on the essay. In my opinion, my essay was very much better compared to how my MCQ section went. Good luck!

Congratulations on the offer - After completing the exam, I remember thinking I’d flunked the mcq but done well on the essay. Now that it turns out I’ve done well on the mcq, I am feeling quite optimistic about the essay, although one can never know until the dreaded ucas email comes through - I hope that it’s in my favour 😅🥲

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending