The Student Room Group

Are Maths, Further Maths, and English Literature good subjects to take?

I want to go to uni for a mathematics degree, I just want to make sure they won't decline me for not taking physics (I really don't want to do physics). Also, are there any other undergrad degree's I can look at with these 3?
Reply 1
Original post by Void_is_me
I want to go to uni for a mathematics degree, I just want to make sure they won't decline me for not taking physics (I really don't want to do physics). Also, are there any other undergrad degree's I can look at with these 3?

hellooo, i think they only ask for maths and further maths so you should be good with english. i think physics is suggested but i don’t think you’ll need it. be warned tho, as a yr13 who does maths, fm and physics, there’s a lot of physics content in maths and vice versa (mechanics, further mechanics and cp2 differential equations all overlap with physics). although physics is NOT easy, so i wouldn’t suggest it to anyone who isn’t keen on doing it / has no interest. your subjects sound good! i’m not sure about english, but there are lots of degrees you can do with just maths, like finance, compsci, actuarial sciences… etc. do your research and best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest