The Student Room Group

Studying and Exams

Hiya! I really struggle with exams. Sometimes I read the question wrong or I study very hard for exams every week on end and still get maybe 66% or around the 60s. It's very draining for me as I'm always pushing myself. Any possible exam tips and tricks for me or any tips in general? 💗💗
Original post by Makailavibes
Hiya! I really struggle with exams. Sometimes I read the question wrong or I study very hard for exams every week on end and still get maybe 66% or around the 60s. It's very draining for me as I'm always pushing myself. Any possible exam tips and tricks for me or any tips in general? 💗💗

First if you have a history of reading questions wrong, make sure you read em word for word. Underline any important/key words. How do you study? Is it just reading notes and making em or actively applying your knowledge/testing your knowledge using past papers. Important to do a lil bit of both. Lastly, if you aren't sure what the question is asking/you are not sure you wrote enough, write everything you know revolving that question. Remember it just has to match that of the mark scheme so hopefully somewhere in your long paragraph to even just a 3 marker, the right points will be noted down there.
Would 100 percent suggest having a look online for resources ie YouTube videos,quizlet flashcards etc.Focus on the topics you dont know and make sure u know them as well as possible before attempting practice papers as then this is more effective to find gaps. Wishing u all the best with ur exams

Quick Reply

Latest