The Student Room Group

Engineering degree

I’m in year 11 and have been choosing my a levels (I think I’m doing maths, further maths, physics, english lit) and have been thinking about which university degree to consider.

I’m considering doing an engineering degree but I’m not sure if I’d like the kinds of jobs you’d typically go in to. I feel as though a job in engineering would be very practical and hands on, but I think I’d prefer and be better suited to a more theoretical and less ‘hands on’ job if that makes sense? I enjoy maths and physics though, so I think engineering makes sense as a degree choice.
Any advice?
(edited 2 months ago)
Honestly, I would recommend looking online and potentially completing online work experiences in anything remotely related to what might interest you (maybe on a platform like springpod) and then figuring out which one you were most interesting in. A-Levels are very different to GCSEs, so it can make it difficult to decide what subjects to take at a young age.
Reply 2
Original post by jengablocks79
Honestly, I would recommend looking online and potentially completing online work experiences in anything remotely related to what might interest you (maybe on a platform like springpod) and then figuring out which one you were most interesting in. A-Levels are very different to GCSEs, so it can make it difficult to decide what subjects to take at a young age.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest