The Student Room Group

Could i do a masters in conservation biology with a neuroscience degree?

I'm currently doing a neuroscience undergraduate degree, but have done a lot of optional modules on conservation. Could I do a masters in conservation biology with my degree. It says that I need a relevant degree, but not sure if it's relevant enough
Reply 1
Original post by Kacieh123
I'm currently doing a neuroscience undergraduate degree, but have done a lot of optional modules on conservation. Could I do a masters in conservation biology with my degree. It says that I need a relevant degree, but not sure if it's relevant enough

I think it would depend upon the course you are doing right now and the university/clg course you choose next. If you want, you could always email or phone up the department and ask them. Giving your background and experience with modules, you could ask them for guidance on how to carry onto the conversation biology course
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
All you can do is email some Unis offering the Masters courses that interest you and ask.
Original post by Kacieh123

Hi there!

For the MSc Conservation and Biodiversity degree at Lancaster Uni, biological sciences is considered a suitable undergrad degree - neuroscience may come under the bracket of biological sciences? Also if you have a 2:2 degree in a related subject area and lots of volunteering experience/work in the ecology and conservation sector, you might be considered even if your undergrad degree is not one of the ones listed.

Here's the page for the MSc if you're interested: Conservation and Biodiversity MSc - Lancaster University

And you can contact postgrad admissions (+44 (0)1524 592032 or email [email protected]) to find out more information.

Hope that's helpful!
Chloe
Lancaster Student Ambassador
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending