The Student Room Group

How to seek for PhD funding( Oxford PhD offer, no funding)

I get the PhD admission offer from University of Oxford, but Oxford did not provide me scholarship.I major in biology. I have two industrial work experience in development of genetic disease, cancer or infectious disease vaccine. Could kind guy tell me how to seek for funding to support my study? I could share my research patent or publication during PhD research.
Hi there,

A PhD can be funded by RCUK (BBSRC, EPSRC, AHRC etc.) or charities (Welcome Trust, British Heart Foundation, Diabetes UK etc.).

Furthermore, supervisors themselves who have money in their grants to take on a new PhD student can support you. They can also help you look for funding opportunities as they may have more contacts and better experience.

However, as you are going to Oxford, there should be scholarships advertised by the university itself. As universities often have numerous obscure sources of funding which are not easy to know about. So make sure you reach out to the Finance Team.

If anything you can try studying your PhD part-time to work on the side and self-fund.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending