The Student Room Group

GCSE subjects for future career

My daughter wants to go in medical field but she said that it's hard to do the triple science in GCSE so she chose these subjects: Combined Science, French(Language), History, Sociology, Sports Science and obviously Math and Eng.
My question are these subjects good for future career. because I do not want that she choose those subjects which has no job scope or hard to get a job in future. What career can purse with these subjects and what subjects can she pick in ALevel.
Reply 1
Here are some jobs:

Sociology:

-Advice Worker
-Community Development Worker
-Teacher/Lecturer
-Housing Manager/Officer
-Marketing Executive
-Police Officer
-Youth Worker
-Social Researcher

Sports:

-Exercise Physiologist
-Fitness Centre Manager
-Personal Trainer
-Teacher
-Sports Administrator
-Sports Coach
-Sports Development Officer
-Sports Therapist

What I will say is, optional GCSEs aren’t the most important thing. To be able to go to college, alot courses just require English or maths. There are exceptions to this however. Colleges usually have website pages so I’d suggest looking at them and looking at the courses, as you will be able to find out which courses NEED a specific option. I know sport related courses usually do need a sport gcse, and science related courses of course need a good grade in either the specific science related to it, or just a certain grade in mixed science.
Reply 2
Original post by teejayhi55
Here are some jobs:

Sociology:

-Advice Worker
-Community Development Worker
-Teacher/Lecturer
-Housing Manager/Officer
-Marketing Executive
-Police Officer
-Youth Worker
-Social Researcher

Sports:

-Exercise Physiologist
-Fitness Centre Manager
-Personal Trainer
-Teacher
-Sports Administrator
-Sports Coach
-Sports Development Officer
-Sports Therapist

What I will say is, optional GCSEs aren’t the most important thing. To be able to go to college, alot courses just require English or maths. There are exceptions to this however. Colleges usually have website pages so I’d suggest looking at them and looking at the courses, as you will be able to find out which courses NEED a specific option. I know sport related courses usually do need a sport gcse, and science related courses of course need a good grade in either the specific science related to it, or just a certain grade in mixed science.

For medical field, science is probably the must. Sports science is also good as you will learn a bit about the biology (Atleast I think, anyway). I am unsure of sociology as I believe that is just about society in general.

Quick Reply

Latest