The Student Room Group

How do I catch up on GCSE chemistry?

I’m in year 10 now. Last year, I did foundation GCSE chemistry and learnt up until around halfway through C5. I understood it well enough. However, this year, we have so far gotten up to around C8 and I have genuinely learnt nothing this year. My teacher is deaf, and I can’t understand what he’s saying, and I can’t switch classes. My grade has slipped down by 2 grades and I’m very worried, what can I do to get back on track?
Original post by ilovemarkhoffman
I’m in year 10 now. Last year, I did foundation GCSE chemistry and learnt up until around halfway through C5. I understood it well enough. However, this year, we have so far gotten up to around C8 and I have genuinely learnt nothing this year. My teacher is deaf, and I can’t understand what he’s saying, and I can’t switch classes. My grade has slipped down by 2 grades and I’m very worried, what can I do to get back on track?
cognito - videos and questions for all topics
seneca learning - brief, clear overview of all topics
physics and maths tutor - practice questions
past papers
Original post by ilovemarkhoffman
I personally found Seneca Learning and Primrose Kitten (a youtuber) very helpful when revising Chemistry GCSE. Primrose Kitten has videos on each topic and also summary videos for whole papers. Seneca Learning enabled you to read small bits of text and then do active recall questions based on it. Maybe give these a try?

Quick Reply

Latest