The Student Room Group

Writing History Essays ~ A-Level (AQA)

When answering 25 markers I usually just do the standard for and against for more or less every possible question but I've kinda been wanting to do some essays thematically although I'm not 100% sure of how to write them properly.

I.e for a question asking to analyse political, economic and religious issues in the mid-tudor period how would I go about structuring one such essay and do I have to include every single monarch's contribution into that theme because it'd seem a little extensive.
No, you don't have to include every monarch in every point. As long as you're giving clear consideration to both sides (a balanced argument) to reach a logical conclusion, and demonstrating knowledge from across the time period overall (so your essay as a whole should probably include all monarchs in the period) you're good.

It might be valuable to you to think of these themes from a change-over-time perspective, especially if there's a consistent trend (e.g the economy starts off poor but is doing well at the end of the period)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending