The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Management Science BSc UCL

Is anyone studying the management science UCL course? I really want to apply however, I am worries it is a degree about nothing. Although it does sound good with a lot of mathematics modules but I am unsure about the extent of maths in them. Also some modules seem a bit wishy-washy with just understanding how mangers deal with problems? Does anyone do this degree? Any opinions would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is anyone studying the management science UCL course? I really want to apply however, I am worries it is a degree about nothing. Although it does sound good with a lot of mathematics modules but I am unsure about the extent of maths in them. Also some modules seem a bit wishy-washy with just understanding how mangers deal with problems? Does anyone do this degree? Any opinions would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!

It’s one of the most competitive courses at UCL, it
Has a lower offer rate than medicine at UCL. It’s a course made for getting people into banking, investment, and consulting management. You likely won’t even get in. 1/10 people get an offer and if you don’t do further maths it’s highly likely you won’t even get a sniff.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by TWaynefromthe9
Has a lower offer rate than medicine at UCL. It’s a course made for getting people into banking, investment, and consulting management. You likely won’t even get in. 1/10 people get an offer and if you don’t do further maths it’s highly likely you won’t even get a sniff.

This did not answer my question at all

what is with the negativity, sounds like you have gone through some rejection in your life, you know it's always worth a try, if it dosen't work, then hey it dosen't work but at least you tried. Be a bit more positive and don't discourage people from something they want to do.

what is with the negativity, sounds like you have gone through some rejection in your life, you know it's always worth a try, if it dosen't work, then hey it dosen't work but at least you tried. Be a bit more positive and don't discourage people from something they want to do.

I mean I thought it would have answered your question about if this is a course about nothing? Clearly it is a very competitive course and offers something of value that employers want? Secondly I do understand your point it was not my intention to come off negative, but I was really jus tryna highlight how competitive it is, and therefore reassuring you whatever concerns you may have about its prestige or the content of the course would be worthwhile. Also, not that it matters, I literally just got an offer for chemical engineering at UCL. So if you do manage to get in I will be seeing you there 😊😁.
Reply 4

I mean I thought it would have answered your question about if this is a course about nothing? Clearly it is a very competitive course and offers something of value that employers want? Secondly I do understand your point it was not my intention to come off negative, but I was really jus tryna highlight how competitive it is, and therefore reassuring you whatever concerns you may have about its prestige or the content of the course would be worthwhile. Also, not that it matters, I literally just got an offer for chemical engineering at UCL. So if you do manage to get in I will be seeing you there 😊😁.Right I see what you mean now, thank you for clarifying! Well done on your offer - I have heard people say Chemical engineering is a really good course at UCL, hopefully you like it. Also yeah I might see you here, considering I actually am already at UCL lol, I am just thinking of withdrawing from my studies and applying for a different course - hence the management studies question.
Reply 5
I mean I thought it would have answered your question about if this is a course about nothing? Clearly it is a very competitive course and offers something of value that employers want? Secondly I do understand your point it was not my intention to come off negative, but I was really jus tryna highlight how competitive it is, and therefore reassuring you whatever concerns you may have about its prestige or the content of the course would be worthwhile. Also, not that it matters, I literally just got an offer for chemical engineering at UCL. So if you do manage to get in I will be seeing you there 😊😁.
Right I see what you mean now, thank you for clarifying! Well done on your offer - I have heard people say Chemical engineering is a really good course at UCL, hopefully you like it. Also yeah I might see you here, considering I actually am already at UCL lol, I am just thinking of withdrawing from my studies and applying for a different course - hence the management studies question.
what do you study now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending