The Student Room Group

Urgent! Primary teaching with qts presentation interview

Hi! I’ve got an interview for primary teaching with QTS in TWO days and have been asked to bring an artefact and discuss how it would be used in a lesson for a 5 minute presentation, this should apply for both KS1 and KS2. In desperate need of ideas please as I have no clue what to present!!! Please let me know your teaching Ideas!!

All the help will be much appreciated, thank you!! Xxx
Heyyy, i was in this exact situation for an interview. Firstly, id say to remember its more about how you can think creatively, create a (loose) lesson plan and explain yourself than what the actual artefact is. I personally didnt have anything related to education so I picked a leaf from my garden as the artefact, i was able to link it to different curriculum topics (which is what they wanted), such as for science, creative writing, art etc. And I came up with one detailed lesson plan idea which i could adapt to different ages/ abilities
Within my interview group there was a real mix of artefacts, a few people chose children’s books, one had a puppet which they’d borrowed from their placement, and another had a candle.
Hope this helps x
Original post by q.sia
Hi! I’ve got an interview for primary teaching with QTS in TWO days and have been asked to bring an artefact and discuss how it would be used in a lesson for a 5 minute presentation, this should apply for both KS1 and KS2. In desperate need of ideas please as I have no clue what to present!!! Please let me know your teaching Ideas!!

All the help will be much appreciated, thank you!! Xxx
Hi @q.sia ,

Firstly, congratulations on receiving an interview, that is great news.

Secondly, if you don't have an adviser yet, it may be worth registering for one, so you can get some tailored support. It might be short notice, but you could try and call 0800 389 2500 or register here.

If you can't get an adviser in time, it might be worth exploring websites like BBC Bitesize to get some inspiration on ideas. You could also consider topics from your degree, which are covered in the primary curriculum. Think about something you're passionate about. Think about what artefact you would take and how you would like your students to learn about that artefact and topic. Imagine you had to learn about that artefact. How would you want to learn about it? Would there be a quick intro, followed by an activity? How would you make it interesting? How engage the audience? How could give an example to make it more relevant to your audience, etc etc.

I hope that helps in some way. All the best with your interview.

Best wishes,

Zee
Reply 3
Original post by charves14
Heyyy, i was in this exact situation for an interview. Firstly, id say to remember its more about how you can think creatively, create a (loose) lesson plan and explain yourself than what the actual artefact is. I personally didnt have anything related to education so I picked a leaf from my garden as the artefact, i was able to link it to different curriculum topics (which is what they wanted), such as for science, creative writing, art etc. And I came up with one detailed lesson plan idea which i could adapt to different ages/ abilities
Within my interview group there was a real mix of artefacts, a few people chose children’s books, one had a puppet which they’d borrowed from their placement, and another had a candle.
Hope this helps x
Hi, thank you so much! I was panicking about it way too much, I ended up using a children’s book and presented that quite well! It went well overall 😊 thank you for your help xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending