The Student Room Group

Losing my popularity

I'm in my school's honor society and I'm also a student leader. It's my first year in the honor society, and in the first few months after I joined I was super popular. Now I feel like I'm losing that popularity and I don't want that to happen. Any advice?
Stop caring. It comes & goes.

Focus on real friendships that are more reliable instead of what people think of you that you can't really control.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Stop caring. It comes & goes.

Focus on real friendships that are more reliable instead of what people think of you that you can't really control.
ik I shouldn't care what other people think but i can't help it, i just do. i'm just the type that likes to be popular and noticed
Reply 3
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
I'm in my school's honor society and I'm also a student leader. It's my first year in the honor society, and in the first few months after I joined I was super popular. Now I feel like I'm losing that popularity and I don't want that to happen. Any advice?
its okay to feel that way , especially when you once got all the attention ......I would say , engage more in school honor society , set good example for others , communicate effectively with the people around you and the most important
Stay Humble - its great to be popular , remember to stay humble and grounded , if you are arrogant , it will slowly decrease your popularity ( just to keep in mind , i am not saying you arent humble 🙂 )
Original post by Alm_xo
its okay to feel that way , especially when you once got all the attention ......I would say , engage more in school honor society , set good example for others , communicate effectively with the people around you and the most important
Stay Humble - its great to be popular , remember to stay humble and grounded , if you are arrogant , it will slowly decrease your popularity ( just to keep in mind , i am not saying you arent humble 🙂 )
ok, tysm!
I really don't mean this in a condescending way but stuff like this is helped with age, as you get older you realise it really doesn't matter.

School is a tiny microcosm of adult life, once you leave school you probably won't ever see your class mates again or if you do stay in touch it will be as distant acquaintances. People move on and forget all the silly drama and rivalry at school.

My best advice would just be to forget about it and concentrate on things that will stay with you after school like making nice memories and getting decent enough grades to set you on your chosen uni/career path :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest