The Student Room Group

How do I get better at dating?

So I’m still keen to solve this problem which I’ve had ever since I can remember.

- I’ve tried doing nothing and seeing if it just happens naturally. Haven’t ever got a date offline. Generally I have alot of hobbies so I do meet people and have made a lot of good friends of all genders.
- Online I used to get no matches but one winter I put my mind to it and really worked on my profile and got other people to help me. I started getting dates. But they normally go nowhere and they lose interest after 2 or 3 dates. Sometimes after 1 date.
- Generallt I enjoy my life and hobbies and friends.

I’m open to options. Can anyone suggest ways I can meet people to date?
Reply 1
It can be pretty tough, you’re right. Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and work on exploiting and improving as much as possible. Don’t go after only the very popular people, flirt widely and look for signs that someone is interested. Avoid on line dating, job interviews are more enjoyable than this. Go to places where singles hang out. Get some advice and support from more successful mates. But above all it’s about patience and tenacity
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
It can be pretty tough, you’re right. Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and work on exploiting and improving as much as possible. Don’t go after only the very popular people, flirt widely and look for signs that someone is interested. Avoid on line dating, job interviews are more enjoyable than this. Go to places where singles hang out. Get some advice and support from more successful mates. But above all it’s about patience and tenacity

Do you have any suggestions of where singles hang out in london and where it’s socially acceptable to start a conversation with a stranger?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Do you have any suggestions of where singles hang out in london and where it’s socially acceptable to start a conversation with a stranger?

I’ve always favoured the pub scene. There are lots of pubs we’re young singles hang out, and you can have a good time even if no love interest arises, which is usual. It does tend to be best if you can go with one or more like minded friends. Another thing I like about pubs is that you can go in alone, sit at the bar and chat with staff and customers and not feel uncomfortable. Other thoughts, try some voluntary organisations or a new hobby where you’ll meet like minded folk
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending