The Student Room Group

A weird situation.

unknxwn Temptxtion
(edited 11 months ago)
Moved to 'Relationships' forum.
Reply 2
So do things where you need women in real life, but start by making friends with them and not coming over as desperate for a relationship.

F, and I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 30...
Reply 3
What is more sad is the fact that you're not the only one in this situation. Dating for men is incredibly brutal these days. Girls have extremely high standards and will not lower them until they get a bit older and reach their late twenties or early thirties. This is because of the shift of societal expectations over the decades. And the fact that you're not social makes it a hundred times worse. The truth is that talking to girls online is probably the worst way of forming a relationship. You can communicate with a girl online only during the initial stages but you should be trying to ask her out in real life and ask her out on a date.

Also, you said you tried 4 times. Believe me, that's nothing. Most average guys try hundreds of times. You need to develop a tough skin and get used to rejection. You have to accept that unless you're a Brad Pitt lookalike who's very popular with lots of money and has all of the physical attributes girls crave for, you're going to deal with quite a number of rejections. It's not unusual for girls to seem uninterested or bored. What you should know is that they get too much attention every day. They live in a different world to us. They base their own self-worth on things like social media and they get so much attention. Their perspectives and thinking is different and their brains are wired differently. They don't experience things that we experience. It's nobody's fault, but that's what it is.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So do things where you need women in real life, but start by making friends with them and not coming over as desperate for a relationship.

F, and I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 30...

Oops, meet, not need. You don't need a woman in your life and self-confidence is an attractive trait.
Original post by LewizK3
Hi lads, this might sound a bit sad- and believe me, I’m fully aware that it is, however, because it’s been a struggle and still is a struggle of mine; I thought I’d share this in hopes that I’m not the only one going through this.

So, about to be 20. Never had a girlfriend or anything- and as shocking as that sounds, it’s just the truth to be honest. Not a really social person, so I can count the amount of times I’ve actually tried talking to women irl and it’s been about 4 times I’ve tried in all 19 years of my existence.

When it’s online, it’s just dry and long responses in text messages from girls, and i’m aware that they are signs of no interest, so I think that they’re just not interested in general- and it will affect your self esteem massively, over time.

Makes no sense to me that after literal years of trying to form some sort of a relationship with a woman, and it’s mostly- all online, there seems to be a constant pattern of them not being interested whatsoever even though all I’m trying to do is conversate and be myself.

Because this has kept on happening for time, it has lowered my confidence and self esteem massively. I’m not the best looking- but I’m not bad looking, so I can’t see why it’s a constant pattern.

Any advice or help would be sound. Just looking for advice in general.

Are tall and do you have a beard
Reply 6
unless you're a Brad Pitt lookalike who's very popular with lots of money and has all of the physical attributes girls crave for, you're going to deal with quite a number of rejections.

Remind me how successful Brad Pitt has been in his long-term relationships; divorced twice, isn't it?

Personality is key.
Reply 7
Remind me how successful Brad Pitt has been in his long-term relationships; divorced twice, isn't it?

Personality is key.

Yeah, but at least he got attention which is the problem that the OP is having because he's having conversations with these women and they're not showing any signs of interest. If a woman is not even ready to give their time of the day, then you can't even get into a relationship.
Reply 8
Yeah, but at least he got attention which is the problem that the OP is having because he's having conversations with these women and they're not showing any signs of interest. If a woman is not even ready to give their time of the day, then you can't even get into a relationship.

He needs to get into real-life conversations before getting into relationships.
Reply 9
What is more sad is the fact that you're not the only one in this situation. Dating for men is incredibly brutal these days. Girls have extremely high standards and will not lower them until they get a bit older and reach their late twenties or early thirties. This is because of the shift of societal expectations over the decades. And the fact that you're not social makes it a hundred times worse. The truth is that talking to girls online is probably the worst way of forming a relationship. You can communicate with a girl online only during the initial stages but you should be trying to ask her out in real life and ask her out on a date.

Also, you said you tried 4 times. Believe me, that's nothing. Most average guys try hundreds of times. You need to develop a tough skin and get used to rejection. You have to accept that unless you're a Brad Pitt lookalike who's very popular with lots of money and has all of the physical attributes girls crave for, you're going to deal with quite a number of rejections. It's not unusual for girls to seem uninterested or bored. What you should know is that they get too much attention every day. They live in a different world to us. They base their own self-worth on things like social media and they get so much attention. Their perspectives and thinking is different and their brains are wired differently. They don't experience things that we experience. It's nobody's fault, but that's what it is.

Hi, yeah I get you. I’m not the only one, although… it’s hard to feel like other people go through the same stuff as me. It sucks to be honest. I don’t even look bad, and girls have called me attractive loads of times before. It’s gotten to a point where I’m still trying but can’t seem to find out why as it’s just something not worth attempting anymore.

If I get a chance with talking with a girl, it’s gotten to the point where I won’t believe a thing they say to me. Will not believe a single compliment because when someone goes through this kind of stuff, they’ll either end up severely mentally ill, or their self-esteem will be severely crushed.

It really is a losing battle in your head. It’s like a war, but in my head. I mean… ****. I’m nearly 20. I’ve tried too many times to count with girls, but there’s zero interest. Why? Because I’ll find it’s always me putting in the effort, me talking to them first, and I know for sure that if I never messaged them again, or possibly quite literally killed myself… they would not care.

It’s been happening for years. It’s a massive puzzle in my head. I don’t think anyone would understand, or anything to be honest. Like I said before… it’s a losing battle in your head. You think everyone hates you, and I’m scared that it’ll turn out to be that no one likes me. My mind was always right.

I can keep trying but, I will end up with the same result. Either blocked after trying to get somewhere with a girl, ignored for hours without a response because that’s what you do to someone who you’re interested in.

yeah, it’s a losing battle. I’ve repeated myself but I truly believe that i’m not meant to be loved by anyone. I don’t think it’s anything to do with my looks as I’m an over-thinker and I don’t seem to find myself that bad, and I over-analyse every detail. I just believe that I’m not meant to be liked by anyone. Regardless of my looks or situation.

Then again, everyone dies in the end. Nothing forever. I can’t speak on certain stuff but I’ll say that I’ve put people first before my self, always. Desperate as **** for girls because my self esteem and confidence is that bad because of how much little interest girls have shown me.

Some people aren’t meant to be loved. I can’t tell you the reason. I don’t know myself. I’m never wrong and it’s strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending