The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hi, I want to study medicine or dentistry at university, from what I know the compulsory subjects are chemistry and biology to learn that means the third a level could be something out of your own choice as long as you get a A.
So for my third A level, I'm fighting between sociology and Art alevel. For gcse my grades 7 and 8 . Does anyone know which a level is harder to achieve highly ?
Original post by Babarra66
Hi, I want to study medicine or dentistry at university, from what I know the compulsory subjects are chemistry and biology to learn that means the third a level could be something out of your own choice as long as you get a A.
So for my third A level, I'm fighting between sociology and Art alevel. For gcse my grades 7 and 8 . Does anyone know which a level is harder to achieve highly ?
I mean there is no objective answer to this but I will say I had a lot of friends who got a lower predicted grade in art a-level than they thought, but really you should choose the subject you enjoy more, as this will likely increase your enthusiasm and thus your grade as you will work harder
Original post by Babarra66

Do Sociology. Art seems simple but at A Level, with the stress of the science courses as they become very overwhelming, you won’t want the stress of coursework building bc up on top of that as all art based courses take up ridiculous amounts of time.

Sociology crosses paths with areas of human geography, health and social care, and other societal aspects of life. It will be a valuable course as you will have a lot of knowledge on potential clients and patients you’d be working with in the future. If not, I would recommend geography for the human aspects.

Quick Reply

Latest