The Student Room Group

Askham bryan

Hi! i’m looking at studying at askham bryan and i’m wanting to take my car with me, is it worth bringing my car? is there designated car parking? do i have to pay for car parking? will i even use it that much? is there plenty of jobs going round in york so i can afford to run my car?
Original post by izzywilson
Hi! i’m looking at studying at askham bryan and i’m wanting to take my car with me, is it worth bringing my car? is there designated car parking? do i have to pay for car parking? will i even use it that much? is there plenty of jobs going round in york so i can afford to run my car?
Hi Izzy,

These are some sensible things to be considering when looking into colleges to attend.

As I don't know specifics I'm not able to answer you exactly, however I can give you advice on what I would do/look at.

Firstly, about car access, I would give the college a call, their main website I'll link here: Askham Bryan College | Agricultural and Animal Science Courses (askham-bryan.ac.uk). Most colleges do have onsite parking, but it's just good to get in touch and ask to make sure. If they have onsite parking I doubt you'll have to pay for this.

Secondly, about costings - this is the eternal problem with car ownership: "Am I better off, financially, using public transport?". What I would do is look at the route you intend to take and have a look at how much it costs to fully fill your tank with petrol (or estimate using your miles per gallon, you can find information about the size of your car's tank online) that way you can see how many trips you can do before filling up and then compare this to how many bus journeys/train journeys this would be equivalent to and therefore you'll find out which option is cheaper.

Finally, in terms of jobs, if you look on indeed and set the area to York, this should give you a rough idea of opportunities in the region. I would look to apply for things early so that you can further compound the decision you'll have made above about whether to use your car or not.

Hope this helps!

Ethan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending